Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Running for City Council

This past September I decided to run as a Write-In Candidate for City Council.  I would be running against the 2 incumbents.  With the help of some friends I did some door to door campaigning... put up signs, handed out fliers and cards. 

I realized a few things during my campaign.

1. It is a lot of work to get your name out... especially when you have to get people to actually write-in your name and not just name recognition from a sign or flier they saw.

2. I am not cut out to be a mail carrier.... Kaitlyn and I attempted to drive around one of the neighborhoods to deliver fliers to the paper boxes... and let's just say I ended up getting of my car most of the time because I wasn't close enough to the paper box to reach from my car. 

Election day came and I did everything I could of to get my name out.  Again... Thank you to everyone that helped with my campaign.  I could not have done that without all of you.

In the end I did not win the election... but I did get about 20% of the vote... which I have been told is not a bad % for a write-in campaign.

I plan on running in 2 years with my name on the ballet.

No comments: