Friday, July 24, 2009

Vacation

A few Saturday's ago we headed up to Nisswa, MN to our new favorite resort: Cozy Bay on Lake Edwards. We were enjoyed by 20 other family members for the week. Our vacation started out great. The weather was good, the sun was out, and we were enjoying the company and the lake.
The weather turned to cold and rainy on Tuesday. So the rest of the week we were land locked except for the occasional fishing trip. Nate did catch a nice size Walleye in the rain one day. Our boat ended up tied to the dock for most of the week with the exception of Tuesday night....

Tuesday afternoon a group of us went into Brainerd for a movie and bowling. On our way home we rec'd word that a severe storm was headed our way. We decided that if we got back before the storm we would pull the boat out of the water. We had it all planned out... Nate and Alex were to run and get the boat. Dan and I were to get the trailer ready. As Dan and I were waiting on the launch... The boat got stuck about 50 feet from the trailer. Before I knew it... I was taking off my shoes and pants... and running into the lake. (Normally weeds gross me out, but I drove right into the mucky and weedy part of the launch.) Alex also stripped down to his boxers and we were both pushing and pulling to get the boat to move. (On a side note: Everyone else is watching from the dry windows of the cabin.) We finally get the boat loose and we pulled it out of the water. You know the saying: Hindsight is 20/20: Well it is. I am not sure why I had to take my pants off since they got wet sitting on the ground in the rain. (Sorry no pictures at this time.)

Bowling in our new group shirts. "Bad Girls of Up North!"

The ladies in our bright "Bad Girls of Up North" shirts!

To be honest... I am a little disappointed about our vacation. The weather really put a damper on our usual activities. Good thing we had 20 of us to play cards, go shopping, and visit with while we huddled in our sweatshirts and jeans.

Kaitlyn loved playing with her cousins. They were there until Wednesday and Kaitlyn loved following them around.

No comments: