Monday, February 19, 2007

A Friendly Officer (Deputy)

Most of you know that Nate and I our expecting our first baby in September. We found out about this miracle and now are looking forward to our growing family. Yes, this was surprising news, but we know that it is in God's hands. Thank you everyone who has supported us through this miracle.

This past Friday I went to Mora to visit Nate's family for the weekend. On my way up North I got pulled over. Here is the dialog between myself and the officer.

As I am handing the deputy my drivers license and insurance....
"This is my first time being pulled over." - Nikki
"Do you know why I pulled you over?" - Deputy
"Probably speeding..."
"Do you know how fast you were going?"
"I have no idea..." - Which was a true statement.
"You were going 51 mph. - Do you know what the speed limit is here?"
"30-35 mph??"
"35 mph"
*I am thinking crap. That is 16 over!!!
"Where are going?"
"Mora, to my boyfriends parents house. We just found out we are pregnant."
"I will be right back..."
*Another thing to note is that Cody is in the back seat growling at the deputy.
* I kept thinking... I hope he gives me a break on the ticket because this is the first time I have ever been pulled in the 12 years I have been driving.
*After about 5 minutes he comes back to the car. (Nothing in his hand except my license.)
"So, you just found out your pregnant?"
"Yes!"
"Now you have the 2 of you to think about. Make sure you pay attention and watch your speed and tell everyone you know that we are sitting her clocking people."
"Thank you!"

And than I continued my way to Mora. I guess being pregnant saved me several hundred dollars.

No comments: