Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Montage of Events

Wow, it's been a few weeks since I have posted a blog. I need to start getting better at this. I thought I would share a few stories and events that have happened over the past few weeks...

Memorial Weekend!

Nate's parents, sister Mandi, and her kids Hailey and Darren came to visit Memorial weekend. We painted the babies room, had Nate's extended family over for a BBQ, and relaxed. Below is a picture of Nate and our Godchild (nephew) Darren.

The Joys of Pregnancy

First let me tell you that being Pregnant makes you do strange things. I find myself more emotionally connected to TV, people, and pretty much everything else. Besides the nauseous feeling I had the first 3 months... my second biggest complaint is that my contacts don't work anymore. I have been forced to wear my glasses... I feel like a little school girl. I can't wear my sunglasses outside the car. (Here is my secret... I wear my sunglasses over my glasses while driving.)

I also want to share with you how irrational I was this past Sunday. Nate and I decided to go visit his friends Justin and Amy. On our way to their house we decided we wanted to stop and get something to eat. I wanted BREAKFAST. The closest restaurant serving breakfast was Perkins in Elk River. Of course it is about 11 am on Sunday, so the wait for a table was ridiculous. So, Nate decided he didn't want to wait... and I just agreed. On our way out - Nate said he would wait in line if that was what I really wanted. Of course, it was too late for me and I just said "No!" Of course we missed the McDonald's breakfast by 5 minutes... so I started crying. Good thing Nate just held my hand, while my irrational thoughts passed. In the end, I just got something at the gas station while Nate had McDonald's.

Our Crazy Kitty Thomas

I have always known that Thomas loves hair binders. I used to find them all over the house. If I left one on the bathroom counter I would always find them either in the toilet or just laying around the house. The other night I put my hair in a ponytail. As I was sitting on the couch I felt something pulling on my hair. I looked behind me and Thomas was trying to pull the hair binder out of my hair. Of course, Nate and I had to see if he could actual get it out. In about 30 seconds he had it out of my hair and was playing with it on the couch.

No comments: