Monday, September 24, 2007

Mommy Brain

Most pregnant woman experience what people call "Pregnancy Brain". No one warned me about "Mommy Brain". Let me recap two stories that have happened to me last week. Last Monday Kaitlyn and I went to the doctor for a Jaundice check and than off to the grocery store. My shopping list consisted of 3 items for dinner that night. Well, since I was at the store I decided to pick up a few more things... well that turned into $100 worth of groceries. Just as I was bagging my groceries I realized I forgot to get 2 of 3 items I originally came to the store for. So, I parked my completely bagged shopping cart and ran back with Kaitlyn to get the 2 items. I quickly paid for the items and proceeded to my car. It was there I realized that I forgot to grab the 2 items I just purchased. Normally this wouldn't be such a big deal, but when you have a newborn to tote around too it just adds to the whole experience.

The sad part of mommy brain is that it happens more than once. My second mommy brain experience was on Friday. I needed to return some things at Target and Walmart and to pick up a few things before we left to Mora for the weekend. So, I decided to go to Hutchinson to do my shopping. (It takes 30 minutes in any direction to get to a Target or Walmart.) Once we got to Hutch I realized that I forgot the diaper bag. No big deal, right? Normally it wouldn't be, but that is where my wallet was... so here I am 30 minutes from home with a newborn and no money. (Plus I don't know anyone that lives in or near Hutch that I could call to borrow some money.) So, we returned the items and back home we went. The problem was that I needed to get some things before Nate got home. When we got home the diaper bag was right where I left it... on the garage floor. I grabbed the bag and double checked that my wallet was inside and went to Target in Chaska.

No comments: