Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Under Construction

Many of you know that the road in front of our house is being redone this fall. This little project will most likely cost us a good chunk of change that we will get to pay for the next 10-15 years! Don't worry - we will be having a party to celebrate this new look to our house. You may be wondering why I would blog about road construction... Well, you see... for the last 2 weeks we haven't been able to park in our driveway. I take part of that back... Nate has parked in the driveway one week longer than I did, but that is because he has 4 wheel drive and is a boy. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but try to tote a 6 week old with all her gear through our backyard and the neighbors in the rain. Our garage now holds the stroller and the boat.
Most of the time we can park in my neighbor Diane and Brandon's yard... but I have been able to park in my space in the cul-de-sac close to our house. I think people just know that we have a newborn so they leave the space for me. Here are some updated pictures of Kailtyn. She is growing so fast. We just finished a week without pooping, but the doctor told me not to be concerned. I never knew I would be talking about poop so much now that I have a little girl. The joys of parenthood. She is getting into a schedule too. She usually goes to bed around 8 and doesn't wake up until 2 or 3 to eat. After that she is up every 2-3 hours. At least I get more than 4 hours of solid sleep in a row. I can't believe that it has been almost 8 weeks that I haven't slept through the night.

This is Kaitlyn's first bath in her baby bath tub. Daddy took some pictures and video. I think she enjoyed being in the warm water. She really likes it when daddy washes her hair. That is what calmed her down last week when she wouldn't stop crying for 4 days in the evenings.

Here she is sleeping in her swing. She gets to wear a bib all the time because she likes to spit up a lot. Sometimes she seems to spit up everything I just fed her. She also gets to wear little mittens so she doesn't scratch her face up.

No comments: