Friday, July 20, 2007

Thoughts for the Week

Maternity Swimsuits
Being pregnant in the summer sometimes means that you might have to wear a cute maternity swimsuit. Luckily, my co-worker offered to give me her maternity swimsuit. (Who wants to buy a maternity swimsuit with the chance you might not be pregnant during the same time the next time around.) But the history of this swimsuit doesn't just go back to one co-worker. This swimsuit originated with another co-workers daughter. I love how maternity clothes are shared and borrowed. (I would like to thank my co-worker Cassie who has borrowed me several summer maternity outfits during my pregnancy.)

I know this isn't my most flattering picture, but I thought I would share.

I am Not a Shower Virgin Anymore

Last week my co-workers threw me a baby shower. We went to my favorite restaurant Olive Garden for some dinner and gift giving. I got a lot of cute girls outfits and other very essential baby supplies. When I got home I had to organize all my gifts and put them into her room. Of course I have already rearranged things 3 or 4 times, but who is counting. I think I am addicted to organizing her room.

Here is a picture of all my co-workers that joined in my first baby shower. It was fun to just get together outside of work. I want to thank everyone for coming and for all the beautiful gifts.

Here is our daughters first cell phone. What little girl doesn't need a cell phone and to grow up just like her mommy.

Three Hour Doctor's Visit
Last Friday I got to spend the morning at the doctor's office. It wasn't my first choice of things to do, but I had failed my one hour gestational diabetes test a few weeks earlier. So, I got the privilege of sharing my Friday morning in the waiting room. My morning started by drinking sugar... Okay it was in a orange favored drink... but it took some effort to get it down. (Plus you only have 5 minutes to drink it.) The three hours they took blood samples to be tested. I only ended up with a few bruises. I passed the time away with reading my book and writing Thank yous from my shower the night before.

During my three hour test I also had my 30 week doctor's appt. My new fear is pre-term labor, but my doctor assured me that I was not showing signs and that everything was closed and exactly where is should be. In the 2 weeks since my last doctor's appt. I didn't gain any weight, but I am measuring perfectly. I guess they look at your overall weight gain more than the weight you gain between appointments.

Monday my nurse called to tell me that my tests came back normal and that I was not showing signs of gestational diabetes.

No comments: