Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Weekend Full of Events

Brandon and Diane Tied the Knot
This past Saturday our neighbors Brandon and Diane got married. They had a beautiful outdoor wedding in Minnetonka. The weather was perfect. Diane and I started our morning by getting our hair done. Then it was off to get dressed and ready for pictures. We took pictures down by Minnehaha creek... I can't wait to see how they turned out. Here is a picture of Diane and I after we got our hair done. It was fun to have someone else do our hair for a change.
Here is a picture of Nate and I right before the wedding. I am just so happy that it wasn't humid out, so we could enjoy being outside for most of the day. The reception was at Brandon's parents house where we had dinner and a bonfire. By the end of the night I was ready to just lay down in our bed. My back was so sore from all the activities from the day. (The joys of being 8 months pregnant.)

Baby Shower in Mora

After my big day on Saturday my weekend was far from over. Sunday morning I got up and drove to Mora for Nate's side of the family baby shower. We had so much fun playing the games that Mandi (Nate's sister) and Angie (Nate's cousin) thought of for the shower.
One game we played was to see who could drink the most liquid out of a bottle within a certain period of time. Of course I didn't win, but it was really fun to watch everyone else trying to drink as fast as they could.
Hailey (Nate's niece) helped me open all my gifts. She was a big help. We asked her "Where is Nikki's baby?" - Hailey's response "In mommy's tummy!" Thank you to everyone for giving us such wonderful gifts.
After the shower I had to drive back to Eden Prairie for Nate's company picnic. We enjoyed some BBQ, swimming, and soccer. Of course I was just a bystander on the game playing, but it was fun to talk to all his co-workers and spouses.
I am so happy that my busy weekend is over and next weekend I will get to relax on the lake.

No comments: