Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Kaitlyn's First day of First Grade

At the dinner table after Kaitlyn's first day of 1st grade we asked her about her day.... Here are parts of the conversation...

Us: Kaitlyn, how was your first day of school?
K: Fun.  My favorite part of the day is Recess.  The playground is so much fun.  They have a tire swing and monkey bars.
Us: What else did you like and do?
K: We played and I got to type my lunch number into this cool keypad.  Now, can we go back to talking about Recess?
Us: (Laughing) okay what else do you like about recess?
** She further explained about Recess and how much fun she had.
Us: We continued to ask her more about her day...
K: I really don't like my bus teacher.  (aka: Bus Driver)
Us: Why?
K: He makes us sit down when the bus is moving.

Another interesting conversation happened a few days later while I was getting Kaitlyn's lunch ready.

Me: Can you bring your water bottle to lunch with you?
K: Yes
Me: Okay, good... can you buy milk if you wanted to if you bring home lunch?
K: Mom, I am really trying to like chocolate milk!
Me: Oh, you know chocolate milk isn't that good for you.  Why don't you just get white milk?
K: Because, everyone else gets chocolate milk... Like everyone in the whole world.
Me: Oh, but you don't have to drink chocolate milk if you don't like even if everyone else is.  Just get the white milk since you know you like that.
K: Okay mom!
** I asked her the next day and she did get white milk the next time.
*** I guess peer pressure or conformity starts this early.

No comments: