Tuesday, October 10, 2006

We're Not Going To "Conia" Tonight!

Our annual bonfire was a success this past weekend. We enjoyed some "home cooked" brats, (okay - they were pre-cooked and in a package) chips, pickles, and some adult beverages. The weather was perfect with the exception of the wind. We weren't able to use our "Tiki" torches. I guess there is always next year. It was so nice to have people over and just enjoy the last nice weekend of the year. (I really am not looking forward to the snowy forecast for the rest of this week.) Our guests enjoyed some campfire, bean bags, and some pit bike racing. MotoRider showed off his pit-bike track in the yard. The good thing is that I didn't have to take him to "conia" - Waconia for short. (Waconia - is a town 10 minutes away where the Emergency Room is located.)

To give you a little background on why I would say "We're not going to "Conia" tonight!" Last April - 20 minutes before our party (actually - it was my birthday party) was going to start, MotoRider decided to show of his wheelie skills in the yard. During his last wheelie attempt MotoRider puts the foot peg right into his calf. After some quick assessments, we decided the ER was where we needed to go. Being the nice girlfriend, I brought him inside and said "Call me when your done, and I will come get you!" Than I returned to the party without MotoRider. About 1 hour and 12 stitches later I went and picked up MotoRider. We returned to the party and enjoyed the rest of the evening recalling the earlier event. (According to MotoRider - all the nurses kept coming up to him and asking if he was the one with the knarley leg wound.)

So I am happy to say that this years party was a lot cheaper, but not as entertaining.

No comments: