Monday, March 05, 2007

Snowed In!!!

Round two of our big snow started early on Thursday. Roads were fine on the way to work, but got considerably worse as the day went on. Luckily my work closed at noon so I was able to make it home before the big stuff hit. After a few hours of constant snow (approx. 1/2 inch per hour) I decided to snow blow the driveway. I knew I had to stay on top of this snow or it would be impossible for me to after the snow had stopped. Let's just say that my snow blowing experience Thursday night was very upsetting. I ended up coming inside in tears and calling Nate. I pretty much told him that he is never leaving in the winter again. (He of course gave me some emotional support and after a few minutes I was better.)

Friday morning at about 6am. I look out the window just as the snow plow is pushing 4 feet of snow into my driveway to clear the road. At this point all the news channels are urging people to stay home if they can. After some careful consideration and a few conversations with my co-workers. I decide it is not worth it to go to work. At the same time I am thinking I do not want to snow blow the driveway after last nights experience. So, I call Nate. He calls a few people, but no one is able to come out and help. (Figures!?!) Of course I don't like asking for help, so I call my dad. He of course says "Yes" and comes over after he is done working. Let's just say that it took us 2 hours to clear the driveway and sidewalk. Meanwhile Cody is loving all the snow and keeps wanting me to throw this stick he found buried in the snow. I think the snow stopped coming down around 7 pm on Friday.

Saturday was my first day out of the house. It was nice to see the sun and admire the mounds of snow that encompass the house.


Here is a picture of where my dad snow blowed. He had to stop where the plow had pushed the snow in our driveway. We had to take a different approach on the end of the driveway.
Here is a picture of Cody sitting on top of one of snow mounds at the end of our driveway. Just so you know I am standing on the driveway and Cody is as at eye level. That is how high the snow pile is.


Here is a picture of our house with big pile of snow in front of it. I think of it as our own natural fence or barrier from intruders. Just a note - Our house does sit a little lower than the street, but you get the point.

No comments: